Tuesday 1 July 2014

Just a few thoughts...

Just a reminder, this is my opinion and how I see things so no one has to agree with me. 

In Australia it's like everything revolves around attention and popularity. You have to have the latest and greatest to be 'cool' and you have to get the most likes on your facebook picture to be popular. Then there are the other people who either make their life miserable and  want to be sad to get attention or have nothing better to do. There are also the ones who have mental illnesses and I fully respect that, they can't do anything about it.
I am not scared to say that I was one of the people who only wore clothes if they had a good label, its embarrassing now that I think about it. I'm not saying that has completely changed but it has changed a lot. It's amazing to see how much the people who surround you influence you. When everyone cares what brands they wear,of course you're going to start to do the same, just out of habit. There are people who are strong and don't fall into these traps, they are lucky because they are their own self and are not a shadow of the people around them. Wouldn't everything be better if everyone was different and themselves, if they didn't try to impress the ones around them?
Well, in Germany the people are something like that. Life doesn't revolve around being sad and miserable, you have to be happy to live a good life. School is so important here and it all revolves around the marks. Despite this, if they realize it's taking over their social life something has to be changed. Socializing is a big thing here, and no one can get enough of it. Perhaps its easier to catch up with people because everything is walking/ riding distance in the village and so its easy to say "meet me in 5 minutes".  However, it does lie upon the people aswell, because they want to get out and go for a drink or go for a nice walk, stuff sitting around at home all weekend.
I am here thinking, 'Going back home is not going to easy. Just because I have changed as a person, it    doesn't mean anyone else has, perhaps no one. I don't want to live the life I was living when i left but it's going to be hard to live my German life with different people and on the other side of the world. Why does it hurt so much to think of the person I was before I left? Because no doubt, I will fall back into the same traps.'


1 comment:

  1. Seems like u loved the time here. :) I can´t say whether you´re right or not because i don´t know how you were before and how life is on the other side of the world, but anyway. In my opinion you´re very cool and friendly as well so I hope that you won´t forget you´re time in Germany and all you´re friends here. We´ll miss you :)

    ReplyDelete