Friday 18 July 2014

Home sweet home

It doesn't feel right writing this from Australia, Canberra, in my very own house, in front of the warm fire.  It just doesn't make sense.
When i first arrived in Sydney the first person to talk to me was from the airport. I couldn't have heard anything better but the sound of the Aussie accent, it was truly amazing. I thought they were just putting on the accent or they were a real Aussie but when I walked through the airport everyone was speaking with this weird accent, I loved it. It was so great to be able to speak to strangers without any problems and having to think about what I was saying.
I went to Woden on my first day, I knew I was back when I looked around and counted how many bogans there were.
I don't think I could be in a better place right now, home is where I need to be. Although I found it hard leaving Germany and the people there, I am so happy to be back. It's a weird feeling, I don't feel the need to catch up with people because I have lasted all these months without seeing any of them and now that I am back it just doesn't matter if I go through another few weeks without seeing them.
The changes here are very minimal but it's nice trying to point them out and appreciate them. Apart from the fact that the dog has changed into a psycho case, not very much has changed here at home.
I have no motivation to do anything, my bags were still packed until this morning when I decided to do it because I was starting to embarrass myself. The blog is another story... I just haven't brought myself to writing anything because everything is normal now. In Germany I had open eyes to notice what the differences are but here everything is normal and I can't find anything interesting. It makes writing hard because a lot of posts were about the differences and it was so much fun writing about it.
The question I get asked most from people my age is, "How did you survive half a year away?" my answer is always, "I really have no idea". It's such a hard question to answer because there is no answer to it, I just pushed myself through the 6 months and I don't know how. It just shows that it's possible for everyone, you just have to pull through it and even when things get tricky there will always be light at the end of the tunnel.

I know that it's going to be hard writing posts but there will most definitely be one next week when school starts again, so stay posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment